Adopting a child in India is a complex process, owing to a pluralistic society and involvement of multiple agencies. To add to it, couples and single parents who want to adopt lack information regarding the process, making adoption physically and mentally draining. Due to these inadequacies, prospective parents spend years waiting for an acceptance or rejection from agencies – putting a halt on their dreams of becoming parents.
This course arms adoptive parents, lawyers, social workers, students and researchers with requisite information and clarity on Law & Procedures governing Adoption. Approved legal proceedings under the Juvenile Justice Act; its Guidelines; Authorities and Agencies involved; and Personal Laws governing Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians and Parsis are also examined making this course very informative.
After completing this Course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish personal laws governing adoption applicable to Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians and Parsis;
- Comprehend the roles and functions of various authorities and agencies involved in the adoption process;
- Acknowledge the importance of Adoption Regulations, 2017 and the procedure for adoption mentioned there under.
- Module 1 – Meaning of Adoption
- Module 2 – Adoption Under Personal Laws for Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists
- Module 3 – Adoption Under Personal Laws for Muslims, Christians and Parsis
- Module 4 – Laws Governing Adoption and Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)
- Module 5 – Specialised Adoption Agency
- Module 6 – Role of Concerned Authorities and Agencies in Adoption
- Module 7 – Essentials for Adoption and Capacity to Adopt Under Adoption Regulations, 2017
- Module 8 – Procedure Relating to children for Adoption Under Adoption Regulations, 2017
- Module 9 – Adoption Procedure for Prospective Adoptive Parents Under Adoption Regulations 2017
- Module 10 – Common Queries of Prospective Adoptive Parents
- Certification Exam/ Assessment
Who Should Take This Course?
- Prospective Parents
- Social Workers and Adoption Agencies
- Law Students and Researchers
- Other stakeholders interested in rules governing adoptive procedures in India
You do not have to be a lawyer to take this course
Language : English
Learners must submit all assignments and secure at least 50% marks in Certification Exam at the end of the course to obtain the course certificate.
About the Author
Team LawSkills is a group of passionate and dynamic professionals who endeavor to craft content with perfection for learners. The team also liaisons with practitioners in various fields and professions to include their varied experience in developing all-inclusive courses. The resultant courses amalgamate theory and practice synchronous with the demands of professional practice.