Architecture is one of the few fields where science meets arts. It is a remarkable profession where space is created for people to dwell in. Architects are required to discharge their duties and obligations befitting with quality and standards of services. A practicing architect is presumed to:
- Possess the required degree of learning, skills, and experience; and
- Use reasonable care and diligence in the exercise of his skill to accomplish professional tasks.
This course on Simplifying the Landscape of Architectural Practice identifies the legal issues that hang about in every corner of your design practice and helps you figure out what issue you need to address. The course guides design professionals through the daunting landscape where design and construction meet the requirements of professional practice. It provides for questions that arise at every stage in the practice of architecture right from architects starting their own practice to students who want to learn more about the practicalities of starting out.
Hence, the course strives to be a standard reference for architects, on the day-to-day execution of architectural practice. The course provides comprehensible and succinct elucidations of the primary responsibilities of architects.
The course will facilitate confident progression in one’s professional domain by making one understand the legal and other responsibilities of architectural practice.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Learn the scope of the field for a professional.
- Understand the Legal body of the architectural firm project management and design build firm.
- Learn about the professional duties, conduct and liabilities of an architect.
- Be aware of the Disciplinary actions taken in the course of professional misconduct.
- Learn to give an accurate bid for your project.
- Understand the concept of sustainable architecture, Green Buildings and best practices.
- Module 1 – Introduction and Scope of Services
- Module 2 – How to Start an Architectural Firm
- Module 3 – Regulations Governing Architects
- Module 4 – Getting Business – Bidding Process & Proposal
- Module 5 – Sustainable Architecture
- Certification Exam/ Assessment
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Students pursuing the Course on Architecture
- Practicing Architects
- Anyone interested in this field
Language : English
Progress will be tested by way of quizzes and assignments at the end of each Module. Learners must attempt the exam at the end of the course and secure at least 50% marks to obtain course certificate.
About the Author
The course has been developed by Team LawSkills which comprises of a group of passionate and dynamic professionals who have over 22 years of combined experience in crafting e-learning courses. The team liaisons with practitioners in various fields and professions to include their varied experience in developing all-inclusive courses. The resultant courses amalgamate theory and practice synchronous with the demands of professional practice.
The course on “Simplifying the Landscape of Architectural Practice” has been crafted with inputs from Architects in practice across various specializations and dimensions – having wide ranging experience in the landscape of architectural services.
© Manupatra Edutech Pvt. Ltd.